This was our main dish at the last supper club, and turned out great! Courtesy of Closet Cooking.
Makes 4 servings.
What you need:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion (diced)
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
chili flakes to taste (optional) [I added Mexican chili powder]
1 bulb fennel (sliced)
1 red pepper (cut into bite sized pieces)
1 cup white wine
1 (28 ounce) can diced plum tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound white fish (such as haddock, halibut, etc., or any seafood) [or substitute tofu]
1/2 cup fresh herbs such as parsley and basil (chopped)
What you do:
1. Heat the oil in the pan.
2. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 6-10 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and chili pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
4. Add the fennel and red peppers and saute for a few minutes.
5. Add the white wine and simmer for a few minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Add the fish [or tofu] and simmer until cooked, about 5 minutes.
8. Remove and mix in the fresh herbs.
Serve with some crusty bread & feta, if desired.