This fresh, light salad was a huge hit at the last supper club! Courtesy of myrecipes.com.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
What you need:
* 4 ounces manchego cheese, chopped [we left this out]
* 1 (10.5 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves, coarsely chopped [we stirred in some mint suace instead]
* 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* Zest of 1 lemon (1 1/2 tsp.)
* Salt and pepper
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, each cut into quarters (8 oz.)
* 2 bunches arugula or 1 (5 oz.) box baby arugula, cleaned and patted dry [we used feldsalat]
What you do:
Toss cheese, chickpeas, mint, olive oil, garlic and lemon zest together in a medium bowl; season with salt to taste. Set mixture aside to marinate at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes, or cover with plastic wrap and let it marinate in refrigerator overnight. [we did not marinate overnight, but made it and served it fresh on the night]
Add lemon juice and tomatoes to cheese-chickpea mixture and toss to coat thoroughly.
Divide arugula among 4 individual serving plates and spoon marinated cheese mixture on top. Grind freshly cracked black pepper directly over each salad. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.