This recipe was so simple and easy to make, and so incredibly delicious! It was a great end to our Mediterranean-themed supper. Courtesy of myrecipes.com.
Makes 16 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
What you need:
* Cooking spray [or butter, to grease the pan]
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
* 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk [I used 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup yogurt]
* 1/2 cup extravirgin olive oil
* 1/4 cup fresh tangerine juice (about 2 tangerines), divided
* 3 large eggs
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 10 ounces) [I used whole wheat flour]
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 cup powdered sugar
* 1 teaspoon butter, melted
What you do:
Preheat oven to 350°F [~176°C].
Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray [or a springform cake pan with butter in our case]; dust with 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour. Set aside.
Combine granulated sugar, milk, oil, 3 tablespoons juice, and eggs in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Lightly spoon 2 1/4 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; stir well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to oil mixture, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until golden brown and cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool cake completely on wire rack. Loosen edges of cake with a narrow spatula. Place a plate upside down on top of cake; invert onto plate.
Combine powdered sugar, remaining 1 tablespoon juice, and butter, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake.