Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Qype: tartane in Berlin



Berlin - Eating & Drinking - Pubs & Bars - Bars


I love Tartane. I'm not sure where these negative reviews come from because I've had two great evenings out there and expect more to come.
The first time I went I got the lamb burger with bleu cheese and it was so good I couldn't resist ordering it again the second time! Here's a tip: use a knife and fork if you don't want to make a huge mess...but in my mind, messiness is the sign of a good burger. I also have to praise the service--I've had different servers each time but they are always nice and attentive, not to mention stylish.
Last time we had the shrimp flambee appetizer and it was so light and delicate and delicious. It arrived at our table in flames. Yum! The first time I also succumbed to the temptation of dessert and the mousse was fluffy and to die for. Even the spread that comes with the bread is scrumptious.
My one complaint is that the "Caeser salad" is not a Caeser...it is greens and veggies with vinaigrette. But it was still really good (and big) so I'm not complaining too much.
I also love the chic decor. I'm dying to try the upstairs seating area!
You've got a loyal customer in me, Tartane! I think you're worth the price.

Check out my review of tartane - I am insizlane - on Qype

No comments:

Post a Comment