Courtesy of myrecipes.com.
* 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 cup grated carrot
* 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
* 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Place beans in a food processor, and pulse until almost smooth [we used a potato masher]. Combine the beans, carrot, and the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring until well blended. Let stand 30 minutes. Serve with baked tortilla chips [we used whole wheat pita].